Is it possible to edit new topics?

I guess I have a few questions about this:

1. Can community member add new topics?
  2. How are they policed so that there are not a number of open discussions about the same thing?
  3. Can an admin person go in and move conversations to diminish the number of topics?
  1. Can community member add new topics?

@mdavola You did just now! But, I think you’re asking about the “Future of Design and Practice” category and adding more categories? If you are, that’s limited to moderators and admins. We are figuring out how to deal that whole situation right now :slight_smile:

1. How are they policed so that there are not a number of open discussions about the same thing?

That’s all up for debate. We’re learning and figuring it out as we go.

1. Can an admin person go in and move conversations

Yes, we can clean things up as we see the needs arise.

Thank you for setting up the forum - I’d like to add a couple of links to relevant articles that are generally about the Future of Practice, but do not specifically address any of the topics. Could we have general topics (e.g. Future of Practice, Urban Design, Diversity and Inclusion) with threads within?

Hi Katie! Absolutely you may make your own topic conversation threads on anything you want.

If you would like a little help, post one of your links right here. I can set up a new conversation topic for it and you can use it as a template for the others.

Ok, so here is one. I was writing a response to the Urban Centers thread and wanted to link to an Arch Daily article (https://www.archdaily.com/939519/mass-releases-spatial-strategies-for-restaurants-in-response-to-covid-19?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ArchDaily%20List&kth=4,668,843). Pasting the URL is messy and I’ve seen others do it with tidier links. Please advise

You have a few options here. First, there’s nothing wrong with what you did above. It’s a working link even though it looks a little messy.

Second, if you want a tidy in-text link, click the link icon (see image steps below) and paste the URL and link text: ArchDaily article.

Third, if you paste the full URL on its own line without any other text, the forum will expand the URL into a small nice-looking preview (see example below).